If you are contemplating breast enhancement of any kind, carefully consider the following risks before making your final decision. Even in the hands of a reputable surgeon, things can go wrong.
The following are among the top 10 reasons to avoid breast surgery.
- Breast implants are a temporary solution. Many women do not realize that surgical implants aren’t a permanent fix. Breast implants, which are made of synthetic materials that will break down over time, must be replaced every 10 to 15 years.
- Adverse side effects. Surgical procedures of any kind carry risks. Even under the best conditions, you may experience adverse side effects to the drugs and solutions used in your surgery, such as anesthesia, prep solutions, pain meds, and even the implants themselves.
- Risk of infection. Hospital MRSA and other viral and bacterial infections are on the rise in unprecedented numbers. Even in brand new hospitals, and in the hands of the most skilled surgeon, you run the risk of infection after any surgical procedure.
- Implants have been linked to cancer. According to the FDA, cancer has also been linked to breast augmentation. Recently, silicone breast implants were the cause of great concern by doctors and patients.
- Risk of disappointment. Statics are unavailable on how many women who are unhappy with their surgically enhanced breasts. However, we do know that a surprising number of women have their new breast implants removed within the first year after surgery. Breasts may be mismatched in size, lumpy and uncomfortable, too small, or simply do not give women the look they desire.
- Expense. Besides being an invasive surgery, breast augmentation is expensive. In the United States this surgery runs between five and ten thousand dollars. Or more, depending upon your area. Consultations, hospital fees, surgical costs, and anesthesiologists vary widely. Most insurance companies will not cover cosmetic or elective surgery, such as breast implants. If anything goes awry, additional unforeseen costs can be overwhelming.
- Scarring and keloids Your body is unique. If you’ve never had surgery before, you may not know how your body will respond. Through no fault of the surgeon, some women run the risk of forming too much scar tissue, or developing keloid tissue. The breastbone is more susceptible to this kind of keloid scarring, and it can continue to grow.
- Nerve Damage. Delicate nerves, which carry the sensation of touch to your breasts and nipples, can become severed during surgery. This damage may, or may not, be repaired with addition surgery.
- Recovery time. For today’s busy woman, the recovery time after surgery must be realistically considered. Children, jobs, practically everything must be put on hold and your body allowed to heal properly.
- Interference with mammograms. Breast implants can hinder the ability to read mammograms, which are used to detect unusual cell activity in a woman’s breast that may be of concern.
Don’t let these top 10 reasons to avoid breast surgery keep you from achieving the look you want. Safer, more cost effective methods of breast enhancement are available.
Avoid breast surgery by using Breast Actives. Try it and get safe natural looking results.